Attention! The air conditioning system is under high pressure. Do not try to weaken any connections or to remove system details without preliminary discharge of system. Coolant has to be removed from system in a specialized workshop (the type of the used coolant is given in Specifications). Even after a system discharge when performing any operations with system use goggles.
1. In order that the air conditioning system functioned regularly, it is necessary to perform the following operations regularly:
a) Check a condition of a driving belt. At detection of excessive wear or damages the belt needs to be replaced (address the Section Check of a Condition of Ridge Belts of the Streaming Drive of Auxiliary Units).
b) Check a condition of pipelines of system. Examine them in search of cracks, swellings and consolidations. Examine also nipple connections in search of traces of leaks. At detection of wear tracks, damages or leaks replace the damaged pipeline.
c) Examine the surface of the heat exchanger located before a cooling system radiator. At detection of pollution of edges, insects, etc. clear the surface of the heat exchanger a special brush or compressed air.
Attention! When using compressed air use goggles.
d) Make sure that the drainage tube of the evaporator is not littered. At the switched-on conditioner from this tube have to exude clear water. For check of purity of a tube enclose the sheet of paper under the evaporator and turn on the conditioner. After some period of time on a leaf water traces have to appear.
2. Turn on the conditioner at least once a month (even in the winter). If not to use the conditioner long time, it can lead to an exit of consolidations out of operation.
3. Owing to complexity of system diagnostics and repair have to be carried out at car repair shop.
4. The lack of coolant is the most probable cause of decrease in overall performance of system. If you noticed sharp decrease in overall performance of system, check amount of coolant in system as follows.
5. Warm up the engine up to the working temperature.
6. As the switch choose the lowest temperature of the given air. Include the highest speed of the fan. Open doors (that the system was not switched off after achievement of the required temperature in salon).
7. At turning on of the compressor its coupling has to publish the heard click, and the central part of the coupling — to rotate. Touch an inlet and exhaust pipe of the compressor. One of them has to be cold, another — is hotter. If you do not feel a difference, the system is faulty. It can be caused as a lack of coolant, and something by another. For elimination of malfunction address on HUNDRED.